Public Street Art, Documentary Photography | 2012
After the widespread disillusions following the first post-revolutionary elections in Egypt, I created my own fake election campaign, in which I promised bread, education and security- three common promises used by politicians. In each Image, I added details referring to the fake character of the promises.
The material for the campaign was 3 studio self-portraits. the plan was to design the posters, print them and to start gluing them in Cairo streets beside the remained, ruined election posters with the same visual way. Finally I start documenting the reactions and the changes that went with them day after day.
The campaign is called Soutk (your vote) and there was a blog launched on the day of gluing for documenting and accepting reviews from people interested in the idea.
- Cairo. Open City.New Testimonies from an Ongoing Revolution”, Braunschweig, Germany, 2012
- Mediterranea ’16 Biennial, Ancona, Italy, 2013
- Beirut: bodies in public conference, workshop and exhibition, Lebanon, 2014
- Backlight Photo Festival, Tampere,Finland, 2014
- The Autonomy of Self, P21 Gallery, London, 2015
Project Link: www.soutk2012.blogspot.com